Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Why do I have to be Mom so early?

Olivia in the last week has taken to calling me only mom. I thought I would have a few more years of being mommy so with her calling me this I have been out of sorts this past week. What makes children make this change without asking? Is it that they are getting more independant? Getting older? I have tried telling her that she can't call me mom until she turns 9 but that isn't really fair but I don't want to be mom right now. I want to be mommy for a little longer. Can I be mommy a little longer? According to Olivia, the answer is NO!

At least I still have Sophia. She has very few words and momma is one of them. She knows and understands everything you say but she just won't say the words. She says momma, dada, bye-bye, and something most people won't understand for tickle, tickle, tickle and doggie. Maybe she will call me mommy until she's 9......

2 comments:

  1. Becky,

    Kieren is already calling me Mom when she isn't upset or crying, then it's Mama. She wants to do everything just like Cullen. I really wanted to be Mommy again. ~sigh~ I guess not. I remember when my brother stopped calling my mom "Mom" and called her "Mrs. Beegle" for most of a year!!!! So I guess things could be worse!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are adorable Becky. I am glad you posted a comment on my blog so I could find yours.

    Sorry to say they grow up so fast and the "Mom" thing is just the start of it. Hang on tight! You are in for a bumpy, fun and emotional ride. LOL
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Our friends say the sweetest things!