Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Officially a Kindergartener

Well, it is official -- Olivia is a Kindergartener! She was a little apprehensive this morning but did wonderfully. She had her favorite (well one of her favorites) cinnamon rolls for breakfast. It was a toss up between the cinnamon rolls and sausage (with eggs) and the cinnamon rolls won. She walked in like a big girl, found her cubby, put up her back pack and lunch. Then she found her name and sat down. She and another girl named Gracie shared a puzzle while waiting for class to start. Mommy didn't cry but Daddy got tears in his eyes. Here are a few pics for y'all:


The school supplies......


The backpack and matching lunchbox.....


The dress we wanted to wear but had to take back.....


The dress we are now wearing on the first day.....


Outside the classroom.......


In class working a puzzle........

10 comments:

  1. My, she looks like such a big girl! Hope her day went well, and many more.

    We have the 3T version of her dress - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, no way! Already?!?!? She looks so cute, what a big girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like she did great. She looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big day for Miss Olivia.....how cute is she!!!

    I think I would have cried....I am dreading the day I take Sarah...why do they grow up so fast?

    The dress you took back, I bought for Sarah....I am sure you will be seeing pics of her in it very soon....I brought it with us for our family photo on the beach!!!

    Hope she had a great first day!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making me feel old!! What a big girl. Emmy starts preschool next week, I'll probably need a box of tissues to get through the day.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Gosh...already!!!???!!!??? Where did the time go! I can't even think our Francesca having to go to school every day...all day (I am going to need some professional help lol). Anyway, she so looks like she is ready and I already know she will have a great time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, what a precious time & she looks so pretty for her first big day of school! How in the world did you make it through w/out crying though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big girl! She looks a little serious in the picture of her outside the classroom... LOL! But it looks like she was having fun with her puzzle. Can't wait to hear how she likes school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pictures!! I am so glad Olivia is enjoying kindergarten so far. Anna Grace is enjoying it too but it so tired at the end of the day so I totally hear you on the late nap thing. We've had two days now of crying at 5pm because she is exhausted. Guess it's earlier bedtime from now on. Poor daddy won't get much little girl time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Olivia is looking so grown up ! And, of course you know I love that dress ;-) Audrey was also a little nervous her first day, but in the end she really seemed to enjoy it.

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Our friends say the sweetest things!